7 - Ancient Origins of The Devil: Egypt
December 01, 2021
What was ancient Egypt’s version of the Devil? To find out we’ll tell some myths, explore some Egyptian history, and try to figure out how exactly DO you pronounce Ma’at. The first episode in a series on the Ancient Origins of The Devil. Today’s episode - Egypt.
- Baker, M. (2020). Ancient Egypt Timeline & Mythology Family Tree. [online] www.youtube.com. Available at: https://youtu.be/tDn2y4sqrSA
- Holland, PhD, G.S. (2017). Osiris, Seth, Horus, and the Divine Origins of Egyptian Kingship. [online] The Great Courses Daily. Available at: https://www.thegreatcoursesdaily.com/osiris-seth-horus-and-the-divine-origins-of-kingship/
- Jacobovici, S., Jacobovici, S., Avner, U., Bietak, M. and Bimson, J. (2006). The Exodus Decoded. [online] IMDb. Available at: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0847162/
- Watch The Exodus Decoded | Prime Video
- Jeffrey Burton Russell (1995). The Devil : Perceptions of Evil from Antiquity to Primitive Christianity. London: Cornell University Press, pp.78–84.
- Wikipedia Contributors (2019a). Osiris myth. [online] Wikipedia. Available at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osiris_myth
- Wikipedia Contributors (2019b). The Exodus. [online] Wikipedia. Available at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Exodus
- Osiris and Seth - Egyptian Mythology #02 See U in History
- Horus vs Seth - The Clash of Gods - Egyptian Mythology #03 - See U in History
Leave us a Voicemail! Support the show
Rate & Review Our Show!
Social Media Links!
The Egyptian Creation Myth